Saturday, May 2, 2015

2 Big Autism Myths

There are plenty of myths about autism out there but here are the two I most often encounter:

1) People with autism can't be touched. There are plenty of people with autism who do not like to be touched. But this turns into the problem of imposing an experience with one person with autism on another. We have two children with autism. They are extremely affectionate and huggy. They thrive on the pressure of a really deep hug. They both like their backs rubbed. If anything, they are not discriminate enough in physical touch. Basically, people with autism are like everyone else, some like and some don't.

2) People with autism have special gifts. There are people with autism who are savants but most are not. I often get asked what our children's "special power" is. Sorry to disappoint you but they don't memorize the phonebook and they don't count cards. They are not musical prodigies either. It is really neat to see savants but do not assume that all people with autism of these gifts.

1 comment:

  1. DR WILLIAMS HERBAL CURE TO AUTISM.
    I was always praying to have a testimony when ever i saw people sharing their own testimonies which really took me years but today i am the happiest father on earth.My son suffered autism for 5 years, after taken different kind of western medication without been cured.All these years my son have been abnormal but today he is been cured.and you do not know how i feel having my son back to normal because it was not really easy for me having just two son and one been abnormal.I took time to search the internet which i found a lot of people thanking Dr. Williams concerning the same problem and i discussed it with my wife and she agreed will should give a try so we order his product which my son took for 28 days and he is very much okay now.I will advise you to stop wasting time on all these western medicine because they only work for some times and the problem bounce back again.Contact Dr.at drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product and be the next to give your testimony.

    ReplyDelete